These nice bites will delight you for tea time or after lunch with coffee. I have no credit for the recipe which I found on Mimi Thorisson’s blog Manger. I let you discover the recipe there! This blog is absolutey wonderful and the photos are gorgeous.
These small cakes are delicious and very practical because you keep them in the freezer. So you can prepare them in advance and have them ready in case you have guests (or if you just want to treat yourself!) I made a box of them a few days ago and it is all gone already. My family loved them!
This is a recipe from my mother! The fastest cake you can bake!
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
Equipment: oven, oven dish, large bowl
– 250 g ground almonds
– 120 g melted butter + butter for the dish
– 200 g sugar
– 4 eggs
– a tablespoon almond extract
Mix all the ingredients. Pour in a buttered oven dish. Cook for 25 minutes at 160°.
Let it cool down before serving.
– Very nice served with red fruits
– Do not use a teflon dish: you have to cut and serve it in the dish so use a pyrex dish.
– Also very nice for a buffet or afternoon tea: use half of the proportion for 30 mini-cakes. That is how I prefer it!
– I also tried to add raspberries and it is very nice (frozen rasberries can be used)