Today in my fridge was this leftover of tofu that I needed to finish. And instead of my usual stuff, I wanted to try something new. So here is the (very experimental) recipe of the veg burgers/pancakes (call that as you wish!) that I made.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Equipment: bowl, pan
– 40 g soft tofu
– 2 tbsp oat
– 1/2 carrot, peeled and grated
– a tbsp flour + an other to roll the burgers in before frying
– grated parmesan
– a teaspoon balsamic vinegar
– mixed herbs, parsley
– salt, pepper
– oil for the pan
Put the oat flakes in a bowl. Boil water and pour on the oat to soften it. Let the oat absorb the water (better to do this step 20 minutes before). In must not become liquid, but remain quite compact.
Then add the tofu, herbs, carrots, parmesan, salt, pepper, vinegar and a tablespoon of flour (I used complete flour). Mix well until it is homogeneous.
Then form burgers, roll them in flour and fry them in an oiled pan. Cook on both sides.
Serve with a salad or grilled vegetables.
Remarks and tips:
– you can add chopped onion or any vegetable you like ( leeks, potatoes, tomatoes, etc)
– you can replace parmesan and balsamic vinegar by soy sauce
– the quantities indicated are a bit random so better trust the texture you obtain than my quantities