Sunday is food day! (well with me, everyday is food day!) This morning I went to the market and bought a lot of fruits and vegetable. I also saw some tasty looking and cheap sea breams. That was super easy to prepare and so tasty! Here is my super easy preparation recipe for a super tasty, colorful and beautiful Sunday meal to share with family and friends.
Starter: Avocado with schrimps
Some delicious avocado and tomato in a balsamic vinegar sauce, with schrimps
Main: Sea bream in the oven with a “tian provencal” (mediterranean vegetables)
Ingredients for the tian: (for 4-6 persons)
– 1 aubergine
– 1 big courgette
– 6 tomatoes
– 1 onion
– mixed herbs, olive oil, salt, pepper
Preparation of the tian:
– Chop the onion and spread it in an oiled oven dish and put it in the oven for 5 minutes
– Wash and cut the vegetable in very thin slices (that is very important to make slices as thin as possible) and if possible with the same diameter
– On top of the onion, put the vegetables, vertical in layers, alternating a slice of tomato, a slice of courgette, a slice of tomato, a slice of aubergine, a slice of tmatoe, etc
– It must be very tight: no space between the layer (plan the size of your dish accordingly!) -> see picture!
– To finish, add a spoon of olive oil, salt, pepper, herbs and let cook in the oven for 1h30
The vegetables are incredibly tender due to the long cooking and tasty with the olive oil, herbs and onions!
Optional: you can add mozzarella
Preparation of the sea bream:
– Chop an onion and spread it in an oiled oven dish
– Put the whole fish in the dish (scooped out and scaled)
– Add a spoon of olive oil, mixed herbs, salt and lemon slices on top
– Put in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes depending on the size
It was the first time I tried adding onions and it was super tasty! And went with the tian very well! My family loved it!
Dessert: Tasty French stawberries
It is the beginning of strawberry season, one of my favourite fruits! No photo unfortunately, we ate everything!